It’s Wednesday afternoon and that means it’s time for another edition of Tiling Trade Tips with our resident DIY expert Craig Phillips! This week’s episode sees our Craig show you how to grout tiles laid in not one, not two, but three different settings (and he even throws a bit of epoxy grout instruction in there too). This video is the fourth edition of the series and follows on from the previous episode in which we detailed the steps needed to successfully install a kitchen feature wall splashback.
In this video, Craig will show you how to:
- Prepare freshly laid tiles for grouting.
- Clean off excess adhesive ahead of grout application.
- Correctly mix Mapei Ultracolor grout.
- Effectively apply grout to wall and floor tiles using a grout float.
- Clean off grout residue effectively during application using a sponge.
- Finish edges and corners using silicone sealant.
- Mix and apply Mapei Kerapoxy Design epoxy grout.
- Leave the grout to set for the optimum period of time.
You can see the fifth and final episode of this series in which we follow Craig as he shows us how to fit large format bathroom wall tiles on the set of his Dream Build, same time, same place next week exclusively on the Tile Mountain YouTube channel. Ensure you don’t miss it by hitting that bell icon to subscribe to our channel and whilst you’re there, why not check out the previous videos and increase your tiling knowledge in readiness for your next project?