Wednesday has come around yet again, meaning, yes you guessed it, it’s time for another episode of our hugely popular Tiling Trade Tips series featuring with our resident DIY expert Craig Phillips. This week’s episode is the final instalment of this five-part series and follows Craig as he shows you how to install bathroom wall tiles as part of his Dream Build project.
In this video, our Craig will show you how to:
- Correctly measure, set out and dry lay large format bathroom wall tiles and create a feature wall.
- Create and fix a guide batten.
- Mix and apply Mapei Keraflex Maxi S flexible floor tile adhesive.
- Effectively spread and comb out adhesive using a notched trowel.
- Back butter tiles with adhesive using an 8mm notched trowel.
- Attach tiles to the wall and ensure that they adhere properly.
- Mark out and measure correctly for awkward cuts such as those around and pipes.
- Clean off adhesive residue as you work.
- Leave the adhesive to set for the optimum period of time.
This is the fifth and final episode and follows Craig as he fits large format, textured tiles as part of his en-suite bathroom kit out, sharing his top tips and valuable trade knowledge along the way so that you can achieve similar results with your own project. If you missed any of the previous episodes you can catch the whole series (and series 1!) in this handy playlist we’ve curated. And remember, the Tile Mountain YouTube channel is packed full of useful, instructional videos like this and is being added to all the time, so hit that bell icon and subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode!