Whilst it only seems like yesterday that we brought you another Tiling Trade Tips video, we’re back once again with another fantastic video drop featuring everyone’s favourite TV handyman, Craig Phillips!
This episode follows our Craig as he shows you how to go about installing Outdoor Slab Tiles onto not one, not two, but three different substrates.
In this episode, Craig shows you how to:
- Prepare your exterior subfloor in readiness for installing outdoor slab tiles directly onto a concrete screed base.
- Dry lay your tiles ahead of fixing in order to create a design that you are happy with.
- Successfully follow each step of the installation progress required for laying onto a concrete screed.
- Use a levelling system to ensure your outdoor slab tiles don’t succumb to lippage.
- Efficiently grout the freshly laid outdoor slab tiles using Mapei Ultracolor grout.
- Prepare your exterior subfloor in readiness for installing outdoor slab tiles directly onto a hardcore base.
- Use the Norcros Rock-Tite™ Exterior Fixing System to effectively install outdoor slab tiles direct onto hardcore.
- Use LTP Porcelain Tile Protector prior to grouting to protect the tiles ahead of grouting.
- Apply Norcros Rock-Tite™ Brush In Grout to finish.
- Complete an outdoor slab tile installation using Adjustable Support Pedestals.
This video tells you all you need to know about installing outdoor slab tiles and explores the various methods involved. If you’d like to find out more however then you can read our comprehensive guides:
Also, make sure you subscribe to the Tile Mountain YouTube channel – hit the bell icon to make sure you never miss an episode!