You spoke and we listened and as a result, we’ve only gone and created you yet another fantastic series of Tiling Trade Tips featuring everyone’s favourite TV handyman, Craig Phillips!
This first episode follows our Craig as he sets about preparing a freshly laid concrete floor on the set of his Dream Build – the project that has seen the DIY expert design and build his own house from scratch over a 12 month period. Watch and learn how to complete what can seem like an arduous task and gain some valuable knowledge about concrete floor prep for your own project.
In this episode, Craig will show you how to:
- Prepare a freshly laid concrete floor for tiling using Mapei Primer G – a synthetic resin that forms a flexible coating and consolidates surfaces ahead of tiling.
- Mix and apply Mapei Primer G and allow for optimum mix ratios and drying times.
- Ensure that the floor is completely level prior to tiling using Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Levelling Compound.
- Mix and apply Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Levelling Compound using a spiked roller.
- Get the correct mixing ratio and drying time for the size of floor being levelled.
This video is the first in a new five part series and tells you all you need to know when carrying out essential floor preparation work in readiness to lay floor tiles. Episode two covers laying large format floor tiles on the freshly prepared concrete floor and you can see that at the same time next week exclusively on the Tile Mountain YouTube channel – so be sure to hit the bell icon and subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode!