It’s Wednesday and that can only mean one thing…yes, it’s time for another instalment of our Tiling Trade Tips with our resident DIY expert, Craig Phillips!
This week’s episode focuses on setting down and fixing large format floor tiles, picking up from when we left off last week where Craig invited you onto the set of his Dream Build project and showed you how to prepare a a freshly laid concrete floor for tiling.
In this video, our Craig will show you how to:
- Correctly measure, set out and dry lay floor tiles to ensure even coverage with minimal cuts.
- Mix and apply Mapei Keraquick rapid-set floor tile adhesive.
- Effectively spread and comb out adhesive using a notched trowel.
- ‘Back-Butter’ large format porcelain floor tiles to ensure that they adhere properly.
- Install large format floor tiles using a levelling clip system to prevent lippage.
- Clean off adhesive residue as you work.
- Plan for and undertake awkward cuts.
This is the second episode of a new five part series and provides a comprehensive guide to measuring out, cutting, and fixing large porcelain floor tiles to ensure that your project has the professional finish it deserves. Episode three sees Craig tiling a kitchen splashback right the way up to the ceiling, sharing his top tips and valuable trade knowledge along the way so that you can achieve a similar result with your own project. You can see that video at the same time next week exclusively on the Tile Mountain YouTube channel – so hit that bell icon and subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode!